Looking for a fun game idea to do with your kids this Easter? Try this easy Easter Bible activity for kids! Perfect for children’s ministry or Sunday School class, this Bible-based activity on the death of Jesus Christ is also simple enough that you could even do it at home if you can’t make it to church. No special supplies needed–just a few basic materials and some energetic kiddoes! Scroll down for detailed activity instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything through one of these links, I may earn a commission for recommending you—at NO extra cost to you!! I only recommend products I would personally use from companies that I trust.
Read my full disclosure here.
Share Your Hope!
Now, more than ever, people need HOPE.
And, my friend, YOU have it!
Not just any hope…
- A blessed hope (Titus 2:13)
- A glorious hope (Col. 1:27)
- A joy-filled, peace-filled, overflowing hope (Rom. 15:13)
We do not sorrow “as others who have no hope” (1 Thess. 4:13). Because Jesus died, rose again, and ascended to the right hand of God, WE HAVE HOPE!!!
And I believe that there is no more crucial time than NOW to share that hope.
Share Hope with this Easy Easter Bible Activity for Kids
This easy Bible activity on the death of Jesus Christ was designed to perfectly complement your Easter lesson in your children’s church, Sunday School class, or other children’s ministry.
But it’s simple enough that you could also offer it as an at-home Bible activity option, too!
In fact, I recently realized that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the games in my Bible curriculum on the death & resurrection of Jesus Christ can be done at home, too.
Whether in the classroom or at home, kids always love having something fun and active to do. If you offer it as an at-home option, parents will love that you’ve provided a beneficial activity for their kids. And either way, you’ll love knowing that you’re making an impact–even if it’s from afar!
Main Point to Reinforce
This fun, active Bible game for kids reinforces one key truth from Lesson 1 in the “Risen” Easter curriculum:
When He died, Jesus endured the punishment for our sin and removed the barrier between us and God, making it possible for us to become right with God.
In this easy Easter Bible activity for kids, children will find the events of this lesson about Jesus’ death inside eggs that are hidden around the room. They must sort the events into the correct order to remove a color-coded bandana barrier, symbolizing the way Jesus’ death removed the barrier between God and men.
- “Jesus was born” printout (see page 9 in the “Risen” Activities Manual Part 1: Games)
- “Forsaken” printout (see page 9 in the “Risen” Activities Manual Part 1: Games)
- “Jesus yielded up His spirit” printout (see page 10 in the “Risen” Activities Manual Part 1: Games)
- “Torn in two” printout (see page 10 in the “Risen” Activities Manual Part 1: Games)
- “He loved us” printout (see page 11 in the “Risen” Activities Manual Part 1: Games)
- Plastic eggs (at least 20)
- Bandanas (red, orange, yellow, green, and blue)
- “God” printout (see page 12 in the “Risen” Activities Manual Part 1: Games)
- Print all the printouts. Fold them and place them into 5 plastic eggs.
- Lay the rope down the middle of the room, dividing it in half. Lay out a “barrier” along the rope using the bandanas. Be sure to lay them in order of red, orange, yellow, green, and then blue.
- On one side of the room, use tape to hang the “God” printout on the wall.
- On the other side of the room, hide the plastic eggs (including all 5 of the eggs containing printouts as well as a variety of empty eggs).
Remind kids that sin causes separation.
Remind the kids that sin is like a barrier between us and God, separating us from God. Explain that the bandanas laid out along the rope symbolize that barrier and separation.
Remind the kids that there is nothing we can do to remove that barrier ourselves, and make ourselves right with God. The only way that barrier could be removed was through Jesus’ death.
Related: Free Easter Sunday School Lesson for Kids
Find color-coded pages inside hidden eggs.
The objective of this game, then, is to remove the bandana barrier so the kids can touch the “God” printout on the far wall.
Explain that some of the eggs hidden around the room contain special pages that are color-coded to match the bandanas. The kids can use those colored pages to replace the matching bandana and ultimately remove the bandana barrier—BUT they must place the pages in order. That is, they must first place the red page, to remove the red bandana. Then they must place the orange page, to remove the orange bandana. And so on.
Remove the bandana barrier.
When they have successfully placed all the pages and removed all the bandanas, they can run over and touch the “God” printout on the far wall, signaling that they have completed the activity.
Optional: If you have a large class, you can prepare a double set of eggs and bandanas. Then divide the kids into 2 teams and have them race to remove the bandana barrier and touch the “God” printout first.
Looking for more?
If you’ve been looking for a biblically sound, inexpensive, creative Easter curriculum, please take a look at “Risen: 4 Lessons for Kids on the Death & Resurrection of Jesus Christ.”
This full curriuclum bundle comes complete with:
- 4 detailed lesson plans
- printable worksheets
- printable coloring pages
- 3 different craft ideas for each lesson
- simple themed game instructions
- printable full-color visual aids
It’ll give you all the tools you need to share the very important and timely message of hope with your kiddoes–even from a distance, if necessary.
Click HERE to learn more about the “Risen” Easter Bible curriculum for kids!
And enjoy sharing the message of hope with your kiddoes by teaching them about the death & resurrection of Jesus Christ! ❤️
[…] Related: Easy Easter Bible Activity for Kids […]
[…] Related Posts:Free Easter Bible Lesson for KidsEasy Easter Bible Activity for Kids […]