Trace the explosive spread of the Gospel during the early days of the church!
Plus, discover the exciting reality from Acts 1-12 that the Gospel message is for everyone—and be challenged to share the good news about Jesus wherever you go, just as the early church did.
Adventure through Acts: Volume 1 gives you exactly what you need to help kids discover exciting truths from Acts 1-12:
- Key Scripture references, so you can find biblical backing for everything you say as you teach.
- A list of simple materials. Discover how to use a wide variety of physical objects to excite your kidsa about the explosive growth of the early church in Acts!
- A brief lesson outline, so you can see what you’re teaching in a single glance.
- Full lesson plans to guide you step-by-step through teaching your kids using thought-provoking questions, relatable illustrations, fun demonstrations, and more!
- Printable worksheets to help kids consider key Scriptures and respond personally to truths from each lesson.
- Themed craft ideas, thoughtfully designed to reinforce the main concepts from each lesson, will to delight your hands-on learners.
- Fun, active games. Kids won’t even realize they’re still learning as they play these exciting, high-energy games based on key concepts from each lesson.
- Printable coloring pages reinforce key verses and concepts, serve as a great visual reminder of biblical truth, and are an easy way to follow up on each lesson–or fill extra class time.
…all in one easy-to-use curriculum!
Make the book of Acts exciting, interesting, and meaningful to your kids—and challenge them to tell people about Jesus everywhere they go, just as the early believers did, without being afraid of facing rejection and resistance.
Adventure through Acts: Volume 1 covers six key events from the first 12 chapters of Acts:
- Holy Spirit Given (Acts 1 & 2)
- Lame Man Healed (Acts 3 & 4)
- Stephen Martyred (Acts 6 & 7)
- Philip Preaches Christ (Acts 8)
- Peter & Cornelius (Acts 10 & 11)
- The Word of God Spreads (Acts 12)
In Lesson 1: Holy Spirit Given, you’ll teach kids from Scripture that the promised Holy Spirit was the source of power behind the explosive growth of the early church. Then, you’ll help them realize that they can’t do anything in their own strength; they also need the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit to live for the Lord.
In Lesson 2: Lame Man Healed, you’ll teach kids that only Christ has the authority and ability to save–and it was His authority and ability that empowered the early believers to share that message. You will help kids realize that they cannot save themselves. Only Jesus has the authority and the ability to save them–and give them the ability to share Him with others, too.
In Lesson 3: Stephen Martyred, you’ll show kids how the Jews, who resisted the Holy Spirit and persecuted those who shared the Word of Christ. In contrast, Stephen was full of the Holy Spirit and faithfully testified about Christ–even as the Jews stoned him to death for his witness. Then, you’ll challenge kids to stay “on course,” keeping their eyes on Jesus, even if they encounter resistance and scorn when they live for Christ and share His Word.
In Lesson 4: Philip Preaches Christ, you’ll tell kids how the early believers scattered due to persecution, but Philip obeyed Christ’s command to share His Word in Judea and Samaria, resulting in joyful new believers. Then, you’ll encourage kids to likewise be obedient to share Christ wherever He may place them.
In Lesson 5: Peter & Cornelius, you’ll share with kids how God convinced Peter and the Jewish believers that the Gospel of Christ was for Gentiles as well as Jews–and help them realize that the good news of Christ is for EVERYONE–including them and people they know!
In Lesson 6: The Word of God Spreads, you’ll show kids from Scripture how, although the Jewish nation cemented its rejection of Christ (evidenced by its increasing persecution against the new church), God intervened and the Gospel of Christ continued to spread. And then you’ll encourage kids not to be discouraged by rejection and persecution, but instead to look for God to act in remarkable ways, and continue to spread His Word.
Follow up each lesson with a worksheet, craft, and/or game to reinforce key concepts and help kids consider what the biblical truths mean for them personally.
By the time you’ve finished Adventure through Acts: Volume 1, your kids should grasp the truth that the Gospel is for EVERYONE (including them!!) and that they should share that good news with others in their lives, just like the early believers did.
Adventure through Acts: Volume 1 is FOR you if…
- you want to teach kids directly from the Bible about the early days of the church.
- you’re willing to use printable posters, other physical objects, and various demonstrations to catch and KEEP kids’ interest while you teach.
- you want to reinforce the lesson through engaging, interactive, hands-on learning experiences.
- you want kids’ lives to be changed as they realize that the Gospel message means something to them, personally–and that they can and should share that good news wherever they go, too.
Adventure through Acts: Volume 1 is NOT for you if…
- you think it’s ok to stray from the actual Scripture passages in order to make your lessons “easier to understand.”
- you prefer flashy, over-stimulating media instead of simple, everyday objects to illustrate your lessons.
- you’re unwilling to try new things to help understand, remember, and personally apply biblical truth in their own lives.
- you don’t care whether your kids realize the Gospel message is for them or not.
- you don’t think kids should share the good news of Jesus with others.
About the Author
Hi, I’m Sarah!
I earned a Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies.
I’m a certified Montessori teacher.
I have 10+ years of experience teaching kids’ Bible club.
I’ve served as Program Director and Activities Director at Bible camps for 10+ years.
My written work has been featured in well-known Christian children’s publications such as Devozine and Keys for Kids.
All of my lesson plans are backed by my training in Bible study.
And all my teaching tips come from years of actually sharing biblical truths with kids.
Why I Created Adventure through Acts: Volume 1
After I created Risen: The Death & Resurrection of Jesus Christ, I started getting messages from folks who loved the curriculum and wanted to roll right from the resurrection into the book of Acts. It makes sense! That’s exactly where the chronological storyline of the Bible goes.
As I started studying the book of Acts, outlining the key events and listing the important truths and concepts, I quickly realized there was WAY more in the book than I could cram into a few short lessons. Plus, there’s a natural divide in the book of Acts–the first half follows Peter and some of the other disciples; the second half focuses mostly on Paul. So, I decided to break my curriculum into 2 parts, as well. Volume 1 contains six lessons from Acts 1-12 (the section focused on Peter).
Adventure through Acts has a fun nautical/ocean theme that carries throughout the curriculum, too. Initially, I think that was based vaguely on the multiple ship journeys in the later half of the book. Then, as I dove into the first lesson, I was amazed by how well the concept of sailing connected with the Holy Spirit (literally “Holy Breath” or “Holy Wind”). At that point, I was sold on the nautical theme. Plus, I envision some folks using this curriculum for VBS or other summer kids’ ministry, and the water-based theme is PERFECT for that!!
Finally, as always, the most important thing to me is that your kids’ lives are changed when you teach this curriculum. The key thought that came to the surface as I was writing these lessons is that the Gospel message is for everyone. If your kids haven’t yet trusted in Christ, I pray that they’ll realize the good news of salvation through Him is for THEM, personally. And if they’re believers, I pray they’ll be encouraged through these lessons to share the Gospel with the people in their own lives–just like the early church did.
I can’t wait for you to dive into these lessons! I hope that you find them biblically solid; simple to teach; creative, engaging, & fun; and easy on your budget. And I pray that they will be life-changing for your kids!
Is Adventure through Acts: Volume 1 a physical product? No. Adventure through Acts: Volume 1 is a set of 6 eBooks, which means it’s 100% digital. Easily access it, download it, and/or print it from any device.
How long do I have access to Adventure through Acts: Volume 1? It’s yours forever! Plus, you’ll get future updates for free.
How do I access Adventure through Acts: Volume 1? You’ll receive a link to download by email. Plus, you can log in to your customer account anytime, using the password you created at checkout, to view all your purchases from BibleBaton.
What’s your refund policy? Due to the nature of digital products, all purchases are final. However, if you are unhappy with your purchase, please send me an email and I’m happy to help as I can!
What age are these lessons for? I wrote the lessons with elementary age kiddoes in mind (5 to 12 years old). But you could easily adapt these lessons for preschoolers or older kids, with just a few tweaks.
I have another question. Don’t see your question here? Feel free to email me at email@example.com. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have! 🙂
I’m ready to purchase! Fantastic! Just click the orange button below to grab your copy of Adventure through Acts: Volume 1. And thank you for your support!